Step Twelve: Why You Need to Detoxify Your Body of Heavy Metals
Dec 29, 2019
This is the 12th post in a 20-part series about how to detox your body, life and spirit. Make sure to check out the first post in the series, which also lists all 20 steps of the detox program. You can also subscribe to be notified of future posts, and sign up to receive my free 67-page detox e-book.
Save this image to Pinterest:
SOURCES OF HEAVY METAL TOXICITY
There are various metals and sources of heavy metal toxicity. Here are a few and their common sources:
- Lead from auto exhaust, root canals, building materials, water, and some teas
- Mercury from dental fillings, vaccines, contact lens solution, and seafood
- Cadmium from cigarettes, batteries, hydrogenated oils, and coffee
- Arsenic from conventional poultry and eggs
- Aluminum from deodorant, vaccines, cookware, and some teas
- Thallium which is added to gasoline
- Bismuth found in makeup and medicines
EFFECTS OF HEAVY METALS
When heavy metals invade the body, they interrupt normal cellular processes.
When this happens on a continuous basis, it starts to affect the mitochondria, the energy generators of the cells. When heavy metals affect the mitochondria, symptoms such as fatigue and brain fog begin to persist and the long term effects may be devastating on the nervous system.
These substances actually “intrude” on and interrupt normal cellular processes by binding with protein sites and replacing the metals that naturally occur in the cell. This leads to symptoms like fatigue (and much worse with long-term exposure).
See a doctor and get testing to see if there is a past or current exposure. Make sure to check out our other posts to learn how to detox from heavy metals and other toxins.
If you enjoyed this 12th step in Dr S’s detox program, make sure to:
Dr. S, ND