This is the tenth step in a 20-part series about how to detox your body, life and spirit. Make sure to check out the first post in the series, which also lists all 20 steps of the detox program. You can also subscribe to be notified of future posts, and sign up to receive my free 67-page detox e-book.
Save this image to Pinterest:
BENEFITS OF STRETCHING
Stretching enables the energy (chi) to move through the body more freely and allows for more sustainability and endurance.
Would you stretch daily if you knew the following benefits stretching provides?
- Reduces stress: As we breathe and release tension in our bodies we connect with are heart and relieve tension from the mind.
- Improves circulation: When muscle tension knots around vessels or nerves, the area can get congested and slow circulation. By stretching and freeing tension we free up the flow of blood through the body.
- Aligns the spine: When the body maintains proper posture it is less stress overall on the joints, minimizing risks, discomfort, aches and pains and improving posture.
- Prevents injury: Stretching regularly may prevent hip, knee, and other joint injuries in the future.
- Improves sleep: Stretching before bed can help relax the body and open up to more detoxification from 11pm to 3am – the body’s most rejuvenating hours to sleep.
- Facilitates detoxification: Stretching allows the body to remove stored toxins and lactic acid build up.
BENEFITS OF MYOFASCIAL RELEASE
Myofascial Release (MFR) includes releasing the fascial tissue in and around muscles and joints to reduce pain. MFR techniques are designed to go in and smooth out those hard knots, returning the fascia to its normal fluid and adaptable self. But how?
In MFR, a gentle, sustained pressure is applied to points of restriction (those bunched up spots), allowing the connective tissue to release. There are many sources of MFR; there is self MFR, Active Release Practitioners, and of course MFR massage.
Purchasing a good at-home MFR kit can support consistency and consistency increases results. My personal favorite is the Rad Roller. You can try it here.
If you enjoy this tenth step in Dr S’s detox program, make sure to subscribe to be notified of future posts, check out the first post in the series to read the full list of 20 Ways to Detox, and download the free 67-page e-book to learn the entire program in full!
Dr. S, ND